Monday 1 April 2013

The Easter Weekend



Hello, I hope everyone has had a great Easter Weekend and you've all eaten the required amount of chocolate.  Today I thought I share with you what I've been up to over the weekend, I didn't get up to anything terribly exciting, just the normal stuff of life.

Thursday


On Thursday afternoon, a friend drove us over to a nearby Bay and we had a lovely afternoon sitting and chatting by the Sea, mostly we sat in the car as it was freezing, just watching the waves crashing and sea birds swooping. I even took my sketch book along and did a quick pencil drawing, which I'm hoping to finish as a water colour, when I have the time and the energy.  It's so nice just to be able to sit by the sea.

 

One of the reasons we decided to visit this particular bay, was that there had been a recent cliff fall and my friend wanted to take some photographs. Do you want a closer look? It's strange, some how It just doesn't look real.


It's amazing how brilliant white the newly exposed piece of cliff is and the sea around the bay had a milky quality, from all the chalk particles in the water, it's amazing how different the sea is just a few miles along the coast.

Good Friday


On Friday, I decorated my Blossom tree ready for Easter. I like Easter as a holiday better than Christmas I think it's because it's holds the promise of Spring, nature waking up after winter. Although this Easter has been a cold one, with snow showers on both Saturday and Sunday, so cold that our Easter egg hunt has been postponed until next weekend.



After a family lunch of fish and chips (well it is traditional ) and the discovery that we couldn't find the Easter decorations.  My sister took me to the local town to get some bits and bobs. I bought the above box for storing my yarn, I find yarn storage such a problem, I never seem to have enough, so as part of a buy one get on free with another storage box this was a super bargain at just over £5.00, it's not exactly to my taste, but I do love the colours and flowers so it will do the job ! I also bought some eggs and chicks. (where oh where can the missing decorations be ??).

Saturday

After a busy couple of days I spent most of Saturday bed resting, trying  to recover my energy levels.  I did decorate the wall art tree in the lounge with the eggs and chicks, that I had bought the previous day.


So along with my Spring Time wreath that's all our decorations for this Easter, it's such a shame 'P' couldn't track down the others.


Especially this real hand painted egg, which came from a magical shop full of wonderful painted eggs in Saltzburg. This picture was taken a couple of years ago when I did a 365 photo project. I couldn't find a website for this wonderful shop called 'Easter in Saltzburg' but check out the picture 'here' . We bought this egg with violets on for my nan as they were her favourites, I also manage to transport home some others as gift for friends one with forget me nots and another with a wonderful pattern on it. So I do hope that this missing eggie is safe wherever it is.


Another Easter treat was spotting a tiny little Goldcrest on the bird feeder in the garden, I couldn't believe how friendly this tiny bird was, staying and feeding while we were near on the patio, I don't think I've ever spotted one before.


In the afternoon I added some Swarovski crystals to one of the brooches I've been making for a charity auction, I desperately wanted to get this done as all the donations had to be in by Easter. So that another thing ticked off the very long crafty list.

Easter Sunday


Any one for a chocolate egg ? Our Easter Sunday consisted of a family lunch and way to many chocolate eggs. 'P' made a lovely roast dinner and a retro style jelly bunny and grass,

as is the tradition in our house. Does anyone else remember/still make a jelly bunny ?


In the morning I made this Easter card for my sister, I had planned on making it a lot earlier but had just run out of time and energy,  what with getting my crocheted wreath finished. So it was very last minute.


As you can see I got quite a lot of chocolate eggs, this Easter, so they'll keep me going for a while.

Monday



Today has been another bed rest day  recovering from  Easter day, I did cut out the felt piece for the above little Whale, it's going to be a brooch, I'm making it as part of a project on 'Moby Dick' for my local craft club, yet another thing I need to finish.


This afternoon I managed to make it out to garden, where I took this photo, considering it's a bank holiday it been a lovely sunny day, although it's still really cold but it was nice to get some fresh air.

I hope you all had a lovely Easter and that the bunny hopped you're way, why not leave a comment and let me know what you've been up to this Easter.

Clare x

I'm so excited because as of the 1st April my little blog has had over a 1000 views, so I want to say a big thank you to all of you for visiting my summerhouse, so next week I'm going to be doing a blog candy give away, so please stop by. and you might just win a little treat Clare  xxx 

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE your jelly bunny, we used to have a mould like that and it was so exciting making the jelly. Love all your decorations and fascinating seeing the bay you went to; looks like a beautiful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment and for visiting the summerhouse.

      Delete
  2. Just stumbled across your blog, it's lovely! I love your spring wreath, very pretty. Looks like you had a great Easter. I will look forward to reading more of what you get up to!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks, I popped over to you're blog and I really love your crocheted bunting. I have a ongoing bunting project that I started last summer hopefully I be able to get back to it, now that I've finished my wreath. Thanks for stopping by. x

      Delete
  3. I love the jelly bunny, my Nan always used to make us "jelly whip" - very tasty but always in a regular bowl, not in a nice shape like this. Sorry if I wore you out down at the Bay xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lovely time sitting by the sea thanks for suggesting it :0) I was already worn out, by the online shop a couple of days before on top of the last couple of weeks. A lovely afternoon by the sea was well worth the energy payback. xxx

      Delete