Monday 1 July 2013

Leaving.........


 Leaving you say !!!! no not really,well sort of  as I'm hopefully going away for a few days at the end of the week yippee.

 Over the last few days I've put my hook down and picked up  my knitting needles again. To make some more leaves for my Purple leaf Cushion remember me telling you about it way back in February, well to be honest I've not really got much further with the body of the cushion. I find knitting much harder going, causing lots more pain for my arms shoulders and neck.  However while resting up over the last few days I've been making some leaves they are quite little and quick and easy to make (now I know what the pattern means !!!)


In fact I've made leaves, leaves.....


leaves and more leaves, in purple, damson and feather grey.


It's not all been knitting though, as at craft club on Wednesday I learnt how to make this three layer crocheted flower.


It was much more tricky than any of the flowers I made for  my Spring time wreath but if I can remember how to make another one, I might try and crochet some to go on my Winter time wreath, which is still in the planning stages at the moment.

It's going to be a very quiet, resting up week here for me at the Summerhouse as I'm hopefully going away on a bit of adventure at the end of the week,  I'll be going off to Suffolk to the Maverick Festival. I'm really looking forward to it, it'll be great to hear some live music and see friends. I know it'll be a struggle for my energywise,  and there will be some major ME/ Lyme over doing things pay back but we've tried to make it as easy as we can for me to attend in a low energy way. No camping instead a comfy bed in a cottage  wheelchair friendly venue and also somewhere to rest during the day while at the festival, so hopefully it'll be manageable. So exciting.  I've got a another post  ready and waiting in my drafts folder so hopefully I'll still be able to blog this week, while resting up.

Happy Crafting 

Clare xx

12 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great time in Suffolk! :)

    Your flower looks great with those leaves, my flower only has two layers but I am going to try making the middle look pretty with some beads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your finished flower all beaded up.
      Clare x

      Delete
  2. Hi Clare
    I love your leaves and flower, I love to crochet but unfortunately my shoulder isn't good at the moment. I hope you have a lovely mini break it sounds like lots of thought has been put into your trip. I have lived with ME for a long time and understand the difficulties it can cause but like you pacing and dipping has become part of my life. Sometimes it's worth a few bad days recovering in exchange for a few fun days.
    Take care
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, I hope your shoulder improves soon, sorry to here your also having to live with ME. My friend bands is playing at the festival, so I'm really looking forward to it, like you say sometimes the pay back is worth it, sometimes I feel like I'm pacing my life away. xxx

      Delete
  3. I've just found your blog through Gilly Makes. What lovely leaves and flower. I am trying to learn how to crochet more than Granny squares. Cant wait to see the finished cushion. Melanie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie, thanks for stopping by my summerhouse, I've just been over for a look around your lovely blog. I'm quite new to crochet to, but I'm finding it much easier than knitting. xx

      Delete
  4. Your leaves are gorgeous! So prettty! Have a lovely break Clare - hope it all goes beautifully and without too much exhaustion the other side. E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks E, I do find the crochet comes more naturally, but I'm pleased with how the leaves turned out.
      Clare xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely leaves and the little flowers is pretty too. Hope you enjoy your little break away.
    M c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M, I'm really looking for to the weekend. x
      Clare xx

      Delete
  6. Aw, love your little leaves, they look just perfect - any I've tried seem to turn out all wonky!
    Have fun at the festival & look after yourself,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gilly it took me a while and a little help to master the leaf pattern, but I'm pleased with how they turned out.
      Clare xx

      Delete