Wednesday 14 August 2013

Yarn Along ..........Owlie Mits


I'm joining in with Ginny's yarn along today, it's my first ever Yarn Along but I thought seeing as I always have something on my needles or hook and book on the go I might as well join in the yarn along.  

So I'm making some Owl Mitten ready for Autumn, as the Summer tails off. I always get the same feeling this time of year that Summer is ebbing away, the days seems to be getting shorter and the Horse Chestnut by the Summerhouse leaves are already starting to turn.  So it seemed the right time to restart this project from last year.


The Owl mittens  I'm making are from a pattern by Amanda Jones and were in June 2012 Simply knitting Magazine here in the UK ( above image from the magazine), they have a little bit of cabling in them and last year I failed miserably when I attempted to make them. So I'm trying again, I'm using a gorgeous Artesano Aran, only one ball needed, it's a lovely teal blue colour called Twilight.....

and talking of vampires....

 I've just finished reading the last book from the Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlene Harris,  this past  week, it was my easy going, holiday read, just a bit of fun.  I really enjoyed the first few books of the series but found that the last few books have tailed off a bit, but I'm glad I stuck with them to the very end.

Your can pop over to Ginny's blog 'here' to find out what all the other yarn a longer's are up too.

Happy Crafting
Clare x


10 comments:

  1. Those look really cute! I've never done a yarn-along but I don't know to knit either, so I'd have to find a crochet-along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks that's why I join this one as it's crochet too. xx

      Delete
  2. beautiful owl mitts :) I love how the buttons make the project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope mine look as lovely when they are complete, thanks for stopping by my Summerhouse Karen. x

      Delete
  3. I do not know how to do knitting. your work is beautiful
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my Summerhouse and for following my little blog. x

      Delete
  4. Those little owls are so sweet! I have the pattern too, also pulled it out last winter with good intentions, so hopefully will get them made before this winter rolls around ;-)
    Love the yarn colour you've chosen and look forward to seeing them finished.
    Happy Thursday,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gilly, I got in a bit of a muddle when I attempted to make them last year so hopefully, this time will go better, I look forward to seeing you owlie mits when you've made them. xx

      Delete
  5. Those owl mittens are fabulous, especially the button eyes.
    Thank you for your visit to my blog, I hope you will call back.
    luv
    ir3ne
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene, thank you for stopping by my Summerhouse, I be sure to pop back over to you lovely blog.
      Clare x

      Delete