Saturday 5 October 2013

Three Things 23/56


It's year of happy time again, so here's this weeks 'three things'. Autumn has just arrived with a bang here at the Summerhouse with torrential rain and one humdinger of a Thunder storm raging outside as I type.

Number one:



Last week a friend and I bundled into the car and drove to Margate , when we got there were we greeted by this 'Turner' like sunset, you sure can see why he came here to paint sky and sea, any road we didn't come for  the sunset that was added extra.


We went to Margate to this teeny tiny super cute theatre to see my friends band 'Hatful of Rain' play. Isn't it sweet ? like playing in someones lounge, almost, but with all the theatre essentials. Do you want a peek inside?


The stage was so tiny, it was a bit of a struggle to fit all the band and there many instruments on. As they played at the 'Little Opry', Americana night.  It was lovely to get out and listen to some live music. 

'here's a link to them playing earlier in the year if you want to have a listen.

Number two :



Is the first homemade chicken noodle soup of the season.  I love autumn so much and there is nothing better than homemade soup.  On Sunday 'P'  made a yummy roast, so after we made chicken stock for soup.  By Monday we were having chicken noodle soup for lunch. The perfect comfort food. I'll share the recipe another time.

Number three:



My third thing this week, is  completing a ongoing  WIP, yippee it made me so happy to finish this make.  With my health being so poor it's taken me a while to get what I thought was going to be a quick little make done.  It's a gift so once it's arrived at it's destination, I being doing a grand Ta Dah post, but for now here's a sneaky peek.

What has made you happy this week, why not leave a comment letting me know, I love to read them all.  Also just before I go I want to say Hi to all my new reader and a big thank you for all the lovely comments that have been left recently, I read them all and they really cheer me on.  I've not been getting around to replying to them all of late, as my health and energy levels have been so poor, but I promise I read them all, so thanks you.

Happy Crafting

Clare xx

6 comments:

  1. Looks like I'm not the only one making soup - that looks really tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have lovely happy things this week! Sending you warm wishes that you feel better soon. Rest well, Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed all of your post. You've covered so many of my favourite things including quaint little theatres, live music, opryland music, crafts, Fall, chicken soup etc. I am sorry to hear you aren't feeling well but I hope you'll be doing better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Clare. I'm so sorry to hear that your not feeling that great at the moment, it's dreadful and I'm sending you a big hug!! Some lovely happies, the theatre looks so sweet and your soup delicious, and isn't it great to get some WIPs done, it's all so satisfying. I've been loving autumn here just wish I could get out and walk in it, but for now it's just enjoying everything else. Have a restful weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a nice week. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Your soup looks delicious. I never think to put corn in chicken soup but it's a great idea; I love the corn in the ramen noodle cups so why not in homemade soup? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lovelies Clare - your little bird will be so cute; exciting to visit the theatre and well, we had Thai style chicken soup on Sunday evening and it was so - yummy - just like yours!
    I hope you pick up again soon Clare - it's not easy always feeling 'under the weather' and I send healing energy your way.
    Big hug, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete