Friday 18 October 2013

Three things 25/52




It's year of happy time again so here are this weeks 'three things'.

Number one :



Last Saturday we went out for a family lunch, we had a lovely Italian meal by the harbour in a nearby town. I has Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni, which is my favourite, so it was a real treat.


After lunch we called in at the shops and I bought some lovely new craft supplies, these are for my next make for  The Craft Clubs exhibition, the theme is Peter Pan, so I'm looking forward to starting this make

Number two:



This week is the gorgeous Horse chestnut tree in the garden.  Despite being stuck in the house at lot at the moment, due to a pesky health flare up. It's lovely to have a little bit of Autumn to enjoy


just outside in the garden.  Happy Happy, how wonderful the leaves look in the sunshine.


Even though 'BBC Countryfile' said last Sunday what a 'Mast Year it has been (a bumper year when the trees have a huge number of  nuts and berries)  We appear to have very few conkers coming off the tree this year. So I was a pleased as punch when I found this one.


So far this is all we've found off the tree, we have lots of husk but there are not many conkers inside them this year.  I do love a conker that wonderful colour they have when they are fresh from the tree, with so many memories of looking for them as a child.

Number three:



This week is Castles and Candy floss, this Thursday here in the UK there was a national teachers strike. So 'L' came to visit for the day.  It always good fun when he comes to visit and I managed to be out of bed for two very hectic and frenzied games of Ludo. 

I'm sure nobody quite plays Ludo, like we do here at the Summerhouse  despite being accused of witchcraft when I got exactly the numbers I needed each time, 'L' did manage to win one game fuelled by the sugar in all that Candy Floss.

I hope you had a great week 

Clare x


6 comments:

  1. What sweet happy times Clare! I love the colours of the leaf in your first pic, and the conker (that sure brings back childhood memories for me too), as well as that gorgeous reel of green thread! Lovely that you could go out for a delicious meal and view the fantastic harbour AND play ludo with 'L'! Wonderful happies, you always find plenty to be thankful for even when suffering ill health. Well done Clare!
    Hugs, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos, Clare! I am glad they reflect the happy times you have had this week. I was out with my Grands this morning by the swing set amidst the wonderfully colored autumn leaves and we have been enjoying a stretch of cool sunny weather which has cheered us all :)
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased that you managed to get out and about this week. Your lunch sounded wonderful, how I miss food like that. I love all your pretty leaves and that game of ludo sure looks like fun. I used to love playing ludo she I was little, mine are still a bit young for it but I can't wait to start playing with them. Hope you enjoy some more days out and that you are feeling a little better xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great happy things Claire and I like the look of your new craft supplies.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling poorly. I hope you're doing better soon. I love the new craft supplies, they look really pretty and full of potential. I've never played Ludo before but it looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely autumnal photos... I love conkers with their lovely shine Julie x

    ReplyDelete