Tuesday 31 December 2013

2013: Year in Review : part two



Hello....... So here's part two of the Summerhouse review of the year, we're starting where we left off Summer time yippee

July:


July was about outside living with knitting and crocheting going alfresco, and a weekend away with friends at the Maverick festival. A couple of cards made and some more bunting for Yarndale. Out in the Summerhouse garden things were blooming..........

So much so I thought it best to make a second mosaic to celebrate all thing floral. Ahhh the colour.

 August :

 

August was trips to the Seaside, while on holiday in Suffolk and making lots of creatures, birdie's and a mini ladybug. I also got my paints out and started painting some Alice in Wonderland watercolours for the craft club exhibition

As for the Summerhouse garden, in was flowers galore.

  September :


By September it was time to start thinking about the Wintertime wreath, with just enough time to make some more bunting a pen pot cosy as well as a 'Cute and Easy pin cushion.  it also saw me starting to learn a new craft embroidery and I'm loving it.  Also a weekend away in the beautiful New Forrest.


  As for nature, well it was doing what it dose best out in the garden, with still so much in bloom.

October:


October saw us hunkering down with yarn and needles. I finished my first piece of embroidery a blossom tree, while outside the leaves were turning. Lots of yarniness too with flowers, a butterfly and hearts needed to go with the little Tilda birdie I made for my hanging bird garland.

  Out in the garden the autumn flowers were taking over with cyclamen and wind anemones coming out, but the Summer plants were hanging in there too, my the Roses have been so lovely this year.

November :


November brought storms and sunsets, and a focus on wreath making with Roses, Mistletoe and snow flakes and a poppy for Remembrance day, resting up and crafting in bed with my faithful crafting assistant.

  and still lots of colour to be found out in the garden if you know where to look........

December:



So we made it to December a time of  frosts, candles and snuggliy socks. With a flurry of wreath related activity it was ready in time to celebrate the Winter Solstice. I love the way this mosaic is so icy blue. I also completed and mounted my Alice in Wonderland Watercolours. Only two more makes to complete for the February exhibition deadline and of course my fab new  rainbow Pro Waves hooks, I be putting them to good use in 2014.


So lovely to see that we still have Roses in bloom out in the garden along with quite a few other summer flowers to.


Time for one last look and my completed Wintertime wreath, it was a real achievement to get this finished with my already poor health going into the relapse in August.  I've spent the last few months mostly stuck in bed feeling pretty rotten, so it good to look back and see that even with feeling so  poorly I have achieved something this year.

I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who popped by the Summerhouse this past year, I always love to read the comments that are left, they really do cheer me on, even if I don't get around to replying to them all.  It's been great to see you, shall we do it all again next year? I have plenty of WIP's and new makes planned

Wishing you and your and yours a Very Happy and Healthy 2014
I hope it's going to be a good one

Clare xx

10 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you so much Clare for sharing your Year in Colour, Beautiful Flowers and gorgeous makes. I love, your Winter wreath.
    A Happy New Year to You and Your Family.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Well done Clare - that is a beautiful collage of such pretty things , yes let's definitely do it again next year :-)
    Wishing you health & happiness always,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab photo's Clare,
    Best Wishes and Happy New Year to you and yours
    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many wonderful crafting projects and what a wonderful garden - so much colour! Wishing you a happy, healthy, crafty new year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made and photographed some lovely things this year, especially your winter wreath. I hope that 2014 is a great year for you and a healthy one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely review of your year. Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2014.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So. Beautiful, Clare ! You really have accomplished a lot in spite of illness! BRAVO, and thanks for posting :). Happy New Year! XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic review - you must be so proud of everything you have achieved. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2014 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a had a happy and productive year, Clare. I look forward to seeing your creations and happy moments in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Clare. Beautiful projects, you've been busy this year. X

    ReplyDelete