Thursday 12 December 2013

Alice in Watercolours part 2



Hello... today I thought I'd share with you my finished Alice in Wonderland water colours, you might remember way way back in the Summer when I started painting them 'here'

Well since then I finished a couple more pictures and over the last couple of weeks I've been mounting them up to look like playing cards. Ready to go in a local exhitbition in February.

Above is a giant Alice.





Then the door


The white rabbit


The Queen of hearts  (recently painted)


The Cheshire Cat


'Eat Me Drink Me'


Painting the Roses Red


and last but not least, another new one
The Mad Hatters Tea party


Ta Dah
The finished piece


As you can see I decided to mount these mini paintings (which are post card size) to look like playing cards, that have fallen from a deck, well that's what they are supposed to look like !!

Hopefully  it looks good enough to go up on the wall in the local library. The exhibition is at the beginning of February and I still have two more pieces to make, there themes being Peter Pan and The seaside, I'm starting to get a bit worried about getting everything completed on time, but at least I can tick this one off the list.




As always Merli decided he'd like to help in the process and jumped up in the midst of it all, sending pens flying and causing the Q on the Queen of hearts card to be somewhat wonky.

Just before I go I'd like to say a huge thank you for all the lovely comments that were left on my last post about my wintertime wreath, another thing I really need to finish.

Happy Crafting

Clare xx


8 comments:

  1. They really look terrific! I love them all, but the White Rabbit in particular catches my eye. You did a great job with them and I am sure everyone will love seeing them at the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really fantastic!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for giving us a preview of your exhibition piece, Clare. I really enjoyed seeing the individual paintings and the overall presentation. When I was a child I was afraid of the Cheshire Cat, but I especially like your view of him :-) Also, somehow I missed your last post, but I just scrolled back to see it. I, too, think that the wreath is coming along beautifully and especially like the wintery blues in it. I have never tried to make a Lucy sort of wreath as you are, but I am still crocheting little tree ornament size ones on plastic rings. Wishing you well :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Clare these are just truly fabulous - you're so talented. The grinning Cheshire Cat is my favourite, he's got such a cheeky grin!
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just gorgeous Clare, you are so talented. The exhibition is going to be so wonderful with this piece.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Clare these are amazing!! They most certainly are good enough for any exhibition and I am sure they will wow all the viewers. You are so talented!!! I love the Cheshire cat and its big grin. Absolutely amazing!!! I am so impressed. Enjoy your weekend lovely, I hope you are feeling ok during this silly season. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look wonderful. i really love the key and tea party cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely idea! They look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete