Saturday 14 December 2013

Three Things 33/52


It's year of Happy Time again, so here are this weeks three things. Apologies if this post is not too sparkling as I've succumbed to the dreaded lurgy, really not the best time of year to catch a cold with so much to get done but hey ho, I'm taking lots of vitamin C and Echinacea, though today I had to give up  and have a day in bed as I'm feeling so rotten.

Number one:


This week is something I never in a millions thought I would say........... Yes Maths can be fun!! 
Last weekend my nephews maths homework was to make 3d geometric shapes and then decorate them to go on the class Christmas tree.

So we raided the Summerhouse  craft supplies and he set to work, first up was a Cube and then a Tetrahedron, all sparkled up. Plus his toy panda who snuck into the shot.



Followed by a Star and a Christmas tree shape, with a little help from my sister and his Auntie Clare
he made quite a few decorations.  Why oh why wasn't Math Homework this much fun when I was at school !!



Ta-Dah  here they all are, including a 'Minecraft decoration too'


Number two:



My second thing this week was going out to my local FM/ME support groups Christmas lunch, we had a lovely lunch and chat with lots of laughter. We usually meet up once a month so as it was Christmas we decided to have a Christmas dinner


So I've officially pulled my first cracker and eaten my first sprout of the season.

Number three:



Lookie lookie at my third thing this week isn't it gorgeous, I received this wonderful Christmas card in the post and it made me super smiley. I have no idea who made it but wow it's so pretty, all it said on the back was made to raise money for the Air Ambulance. So a big thank you to the wonderful crafter who made it and a also to my lovely friend for sending me such a wonderful card.

Well that's all the happy for this week, lots to do around here so I hope this cold eases soon, spent the day in bed making a few final things for my wintertime wreath, so exciting soon It will be time  to put it all together ready for it's big ta-dah moment.


Just before I go here's a little update on last weeks storm and tidal surge, thankfully it wasn't too bad in our corner of the UK with limited flooding as the new sea defences worked, although the moat at the castle that is normally empty, did get topped up.

Hope you have a happy week

Clare xx

9 comments:

  1. So sorry you have succumbed to a nasty cold - hope you feel better very soon. It's been very blustery here so the idea of curling up in bed out of the wind and rain sounds a very good way to spend a day! Not the feeling rottent though. I have a theory that one feels iller with colds these days than years ago - but perhaps one is immune to the less nasty ones! Love the geometrical shapes - they're fun to make aren't they? E x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good and clever auntie you are, Clare! I'm glad you enjoyed lunch with friends, received a lovely card, and that the damage is not too dreadful where you are. Wishing you well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do get well soon Clare! I love the maths projects - that is so exciting for youngsters and you all did a fantastic job! It's nice that you managed to have a Christmas dinner with your group and that is such a beautifully worked card! Hugs, Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no not the lurgy too. I've been unfortunate enough to crash too so I've been spending many hours in bed, grrrr!! Drinks with friends declined at the last minute last night oh why oh why. I'm so pleased you got out with your ME group this week, I so wish there was one where we lived, but sadly there isn't. I really hope you start to feel better soon. Love the maths homework, I'm sure he wowed his teachers with those fab shapes all sparkled up. That card, oh my it's stunning and calling for a frame. Sending much love sweetie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon. Glad you enjoyed your lunch with friends.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good aunt helping with all that maths -glad it was fun, I bet he had a ball! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad our lunch went so well, I really enjoyed it too, that card is beautiful! I'm now going to show myself up as a geek - I love maths! So sorry you're struggling with the lurgy so much - hope you feel better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firstly, I hope you're feeling better today. I love all of these happies, especially the math ornaments! What a great idea and very educational. My son would enjoy making those. Maybe we'll do some for next year (too much going on to get them done before next week!). I hope you have a good week and that you're feeling more energetic.

    ReplyDelete