Saturday 5 April 2014

March Mosiac



Hello.......... It's hard to believe but that's the first quarter of the year gone already, time sure seems to be flying by, so here's the Summerhouse Mosaic for March.


March: A month where the Summerhouse garden sprung back into life, with so many colourful flowers. Spring had Sprung and it was time to re pin the crocheted flowers to my Springtime wreath again, also a time for crocheting flowers for the Woollen Woods. Lots of other crafty thing too including making the rather lovely Mr Rusty the Fox  and the Craft Club exhibtion in the local library, plus a bit of songwriting too.



Despite another tough month health wise, I still managed one picture, as part of my new year resolution to do some art each month. Inspired by my trip up to London to see 'Miranda' here's my inky version of the London skyline, (in no way geographically accurate,) but hopefully I managed to get a few of the landmarks in, please be kind it's just a little doodle really, but I wanted to have something to show for March.

The Year in books:



As I was up to my neck starting new treatments for my ME/Lyme disease, I decided to choose a easier read for my March's book. Well it is a classic and I really enjoyed escaping into the world of Beatrix Potter and her wonderful art.

Not much more to say really only that I love these tales and it was wonderful to rediscover them.


April's read is Hunting Unicorns by Bella Pollen, I hope this is going to be another light and easy read as I'm still struggling with my concentration but fingers crossed the B12 injections are really going to help with that soon, who knows my spelling and word finding might even improve, at least that's what the hospital consultant said. 

I'm joining up with Laura's the year in book again this month and Nicoles KCCO

I hope you are having a great weekend. I'm still struggling to get my head around the fact we are in April already!! As always if you want to read a bit more about the individual makes you'll find them all in the March archive on the top right of the page.

Happy Crafting

Clare xx

10 comments:

  1. Love your photo mosaic! Beatrix Potter has always been one of my favourites - such beautiful, gentle books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your March picture, it looks great and I like the graphic quality of it! I hope that April brings lots of lovely things for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mosaic, Clare. You had a good month. I still love that Clare minifig, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My particular favourite for March was the spring wreath. Beatrix Potter was always a favourite when my daughters were growing up so still go back to them occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mosaics and I want to do one myself but I must learn how first! I read Beatrix Potter to my youngest and we love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I used picmonkey to make mine it's so easy you just upload drag and drop and it free :0)

      Delete
  6. Good luck with the new read, I hope you mind and concentration clear up soon. Your March was lovely.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, happy! And it doesn't get any better than Beatrix Potter, does it?! *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like your picture of London. Had you thought about doing an embroidered version?

    ReplyDelete
  9. My boys love Beatrix Potter, I have been enjoying her choices of character names of late.

    ReplyDelete