Thursday 3 April 2014

Three Things 49/52



Hello...... It's year of happy time again, I've been feeling pretty poorly this past week and yesterday finally came down with a nasty cold, not good to add in with asthma and all the air pollution, we are suffering with here in the UK at the moment, I never do things by half's. Any road I'm still trying to find the happy, so here are this weeks three things.

Number one:


Sunday was Mothers Day here in the UK, and although I was not feeling great we all went out for lunch to celebrate, with a yummy roast. Which was great for Mum as she normally has to cook the roast dinners around here, with flowers chocolates and gifts too we really spoiled her.

So a big thank you to my Mum, as she does so much for me.

Why the Violets you ask, well when we got back I picked some from the garden for my Mum to remember her Mum. They were one of my Nans favourite flowers, that and Pansies and Violas and I normally pick some to remember her birthday on the 6th April but as Mothers day was so late this year and the Violets are already out I decided to pick some for Mothers day as well.

I love them too, they remind me of my Nan and also I love the colour and that they grow wild all around the Summerhouse garden, we even have some sweet white ones that have not flowered yet.

Number two:



Is this sweet little birdhouse, that I got this week, from Merli the cat, he was even thoughtful enough to put some chocolate eggs inside the nest box.  I think I'm going to put it in the Summerhouse as it quite small and seems to pretty to put in the garden, where we already have several nesting boxes.

Number three:



My third happy this week is the Gerbera that my sister gave me for my birthday last year has re flowered. A bit of a miracle as the plant was looking very sickly indeed, where I kept forgetting to water it often enough, they do seem to need a lot of water.

I just love these happy little flowers.

Well that's about it for this time but before I go, just look how quickly the sweetpeas have grown since they were planted last week, happy happy.
 


 Have a happy weekend.
Clare xx


8 comments:

  1. Wow, those sweet peas are doing really well in such a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wee bird box, so pretty.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bird box!! Your sweet peas are doing really well aren't they!! Hope that you have a good week and that you are feeling better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your birdhouse is beautiful. I love seeing your plants growing, it's going to be a beautiful summer at the summerhouse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lot of lovely colour! Violets (african violets) were also one of my Nan's favourites - she used to have them in little pots in every colour possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare, I hope you feel better soon, a rotten cold is not what you need during Spring. Love all your flowers, and I am thinking a few granny birds might be just the thing to hang outside in my yarn decorated tree. You are brilliant!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you've been feeling rotten this week - my car has been completely covered in a film of Saharan grime. It must be just horrid if you're susceptible.

    Absolutely love your bird box - what a very clever cat!

    Do hope you feel perkier soon, keep thinking about those happy things.

    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! Sweetpeas are one of my all-time favorite flowers. Their fragrance is the sweetest! :)

    ReplyDelete