Sunday 13 April 2014

Yarn bombing at the Summerhouse.


Hello..... So the Woollen Woods at Sizergh Castle opens to the public this weekend and I just can't wait to see some pictures of the trees. Sadly I live to far away to go and visit but before I posted off  the woolly goodies, I decided to have a little practise to see what they looked like out in the Summerhouse garden.


I'm a member of a wonderful facebook group called 'Chronic Creatives' and we were offered a tree to decorate by the Canopy Arts Project,so we all set to work. As it's a online group we are yet to see what our work all looks like put together. The theme we decided on for our tree is Nature and I'm so looking forward to seeing what everyone has come up with.


So I've been making ladybirds


and little granny birds


who looks so sweet hanging on the orange blossom


by the Summerhouse so look high and low


as your sure to find someone.


Yarniness and Spring flower what's not to make you smile


Aww I just love these pompom Robins that the very talent Lindy Laine made


Lindy and I both hail from the same corner of the world so decide to post our makes off together, although she probably didn't realise I was going to have a practise run in the garden first.


She made this amazing hand felted sign too, so anyone off to the woods will easily be able to identify the Chronic Creatives tree.


This has been such a fun project to be involved with I've loved making the little ladybirds and Granny birds which you can read more about 'here' and 'here'


I also had a lot of fun yarn bombing the garden too !!


and as for the Roses I made for the woods 'here' 
well they went off in the post to the lovely Amy as part of our group project, for the woods


and just look at the wonderful garland she has made out of all the beautiful handcrafted flowers that were sent to her.

I'm soooooooooo looking forward to seeing a picture of our tree all decorated, even though most of us have never meet, we have formed a wonderful community of like minded creatives who just happen to suffer from a Chronic Illness. To tell you the truth on some days when I'm struggling with my ill health I don't know where I'd be without there support and friendship.

Well that about it for today. I hope you are having a great weekend.

Happy Crafting

Clare xx

10 comments:

  1. It looks amazing in your wonderful garden. Looking forward to seeing the rest. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so beautiful! They will be proud to have all of these lovely items for the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great!!! I hope that it is a great success and that you get to see some pictures of everything actually in situ! Your friends makes are very nice too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much yarny loveliness - you've done a great job, well done!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like an enchanted forest! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare, I think you need to bring these all home with you and permanently decorate your garden with them.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made a huge contribution Clare and everything looks so very lovely! Big gold star for you! Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. so good things!!
    I knit too, you can see my littles animals on my blog. thanks
    drop

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the little birds and lady bugs. They are so cute and I know they will work out wonderfully on your group project. I found your site from the Yarn Along and look forward to seeing what else you create.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.!!!!!!!!!!! And I just love how you Brits call them "ladybirds"! :)

    ReplyDelete