Friday 27 June 2014

Liebster part two



Hello...... So today I'm going to be answering Jill's questions so here goes.....



 
1. What is your favourite craft activity ?



I love lots of different crafts but I'm going to have to say Crochet it's what I do the most of and looking at the labels over on my sidebar it's the craft I blog about the most too

2. What was the last project you finished ?


The last project I finished was my Summertime wreath, I have lots of WIP's on the go but as my crafting time is so very limited at the moment due to my health and starting a stricter pacing regime to try and manage my ME, so I've not got much done which is why I've not managed many posts this month.

3. What would be your ideal crafted gift to receive ?


Anything really it lovely to receive a gift that someone has put time into making, I've have had some lovely crafty gifts. A few are pictured above.


4. What is your favourite season ?


Now this is a tough one, I always used to love Autumn all the colours of the trees, but since I've been ill, I struggle a lot in Autumn and Winter picking up bugs. So I'm going to go for Spring with Autumn a close second, Spring for Blossom and Spring bulbs and the promise of the year to come and Autumn for trees changing colour and hunkering down warm and cosy, under a snugly crocheted blanket.

5. What is your favourite craft-related-non-blog website ?


Another tricky one, I subscribe to Crafts Beautiful magazine, so I used there website a lot for downloading templates as for shopping, being mostly housebound and living in a small town I order most of my supplies online, Deramores and Black Sheep Wools for yarniness and I also order lots general of bits from Cuddly Buddly

6. Which craft activity have you never done but would like to try ?



I really want to try machine sewing, I bought a sewing machine in the Spring but as of yet I've not been well enough to play with it. First up I plan to make some bunting then maybe a apron followed by some patchwork, making a cover to go over the top of my WIP craft basket. So many plans so little energy........

 7. What was the last magazine you bought ?


Funnily enough my last post was about this, it was 'Crafts Beautiful' which I subscribe to,  this months issue was quite a treat as I discovered a photo of one of my crocheted wreaths had been published 'here'
I also buy Simply Crochet most months and sometimes Mollie Makes

8. What was the last book you read ?


The last book I read was Dr Myhill's latest book on CFS 'it's mitochondria not hypocondria'. It's very sciency so I think I need to read it again, I've also just started reading Phillipa Gregories Virgin Earth.

9. What did you want to be when you were little ?



When I was little I think I wanted to be a nurse or a doctor, I used to torment my Grandad with my little plastic Doctors kit, well he did volunteer !!

10. What is your favourite thing about blogging ?



I love blogging as it has really opened my world up, living in four walls with a chronic illness stuck in bed a lot of the time can be tough and isolating, blogging is my escape.  I started my blog as back in 2012 I developed a new symptom, I was loosing the ability to spell and would write down completely random words without even knowing, you might notice this in my posts sometime. Dyslexia type symptoms setting in as a adult is very unusual, so much so I had to have a brain scan, so my answer to this new cognitive symptom, use it or loose it, so I started this blog.

11. How did you choose the name of your blog ?



The name for my blog came quite easily, I love my vintage Summerhouse so much and all my crafting supplies live in there so the name was obvious really, plus I'm lucky enough to live by the sea. You can read the story of my Summerhouse 'here'

So now I have to pick 11 blogs to nominate for the award and come up with 11 questions for them to answer, so if you'll all bare with me I'll put that in a third post as I've run out of energy for now.

Back soon with part three........

Happy Crafting 

Clare xx

5 comments:

  1. Lovely to have another instalment on your Liebster award, Clare, and although I'm sorry about ill health being your prompt to start blogging, I am glad you did start for you share your lovely makes and garden pics etc. so beautifully with us, thank you. It must have been very upsetting to have dyslexia-type symptoms start showing up, on top of everything else - I do congratulate you for your courage and determination and hope that your new regime will soon help you along the way to recovery. xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love learning all about you Clare, lovely post today. The dyslexia type symptoms must be so concerning to you on top of everything else. I have been losing my ability to spell and I think it is because of all the concussions I had as a child. Not fun is it?

    Hugs, Meredith
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do so well under such difficult conditions and I love your summer wreath.Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great to get to read more about you and what you like and so on! I hope that you can get to do some sewing sometime. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely post and I am glad it has helped you over the years through the difficult time!!

    ReplyDelete