Thursday 16 October 2014

Away


Hello..... I'm back after a weekend away by the sea.


Yes last weekend was spent in a very soggy Hastings,


Celebrating my Mum's birthday, a very special one with a 0, so after having a lunch at a local restaurant with my Mum's sisters. We all hopped into the car and set off for Hastings.


We brought everything along you might need to celebrate, and decorated the caravan with banners and balloons


My sister and I even arranged for some portable birthday flowers set in oasis and wrapped in pretty cellophane for Mum, so they could travel with us.


As well as a tray of yummy cupcakes with candles and sparklers.


As I mentioned earlier the weather was not so kind to us, so we spent Saturday in Hastings old town trying to dodge the downpours.We spent some time in the Blue Reef aquarium avoiding the rain


so relaxing watching the fishes


nature really is amazing


My nephew tried to convince me it would be fun to go in the Hurricane Simulator with him, he loved it with winds up to 60 miles a hours but living here at the Summerhouse by the Sea where sometimes it's get very windy I was far too wise for that, just last winter we had a storm with winds over 105 mph in the channel.


We also did a spot of shopping, stopping off at the Jerwood Gallery, where I was delighted to find a silver colouring pencil, which I'm looking forward to trying out.


I also bought some craft supplies in the Cath Kidston shop in the Old town


and treated myself to some hand made chocolates, which so far I have resisted, how good is that nearly a week and I've not even tried one.


There was also time for a little bit of crafting, I'm still making flowers for my scarf and hooked up a few while watching Strictly Come Dancing.


On Sunday after lunch, with yet more cake. We drove home through the very pretty Weald of Kent with so many lovely villages and stunning scenery, on route we stopped off to visit my Great Uncle who's in hospital at the moment, which was quite a surprise for him, we took him along some yummy Seaside fudge, (the nice crumbly stuff not the porcessed waxy stuff, yum)  On the way home we passed Bodiam Castle and I took a quick picture in the tipping rain. It's a place I'd love to visit one day.

So this week has been spent mostly recovering and resting up, my Mum had a Op on her eye yesterday so will need some looking after and tlc over the next few days.

Clare xx

8 comments:

  1. Look like a lovely break despite the weather Clare.
    Happy Birthday to your Mum
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely weekend, shame about the weather but it didn't seem to stop you. Happy birthday to your Mum, you all made it so special for her with all the decorations, flowers and cake so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I enjoyed your Mum's birthday celebration through this post, Clare! Thanks for sharing it. While I was visiting Prince Edward Island and a retreat in NY recently, I got to do a little sketching with my woodless colored pencils...I bet having a silver/gold pencil could be fun to experiment with, too! I love your creativity and feel encouraged to experiment with my own each time I visit you and note what you have been creating. Thanks, Clare! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Mum, it appears she was appropriately adored as she should be. Glad you had a lovely visit.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo thats made me hungry looking at those scrummy things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy BirthdY to your mum. 70, she's always young! I love all pics... Specially that one with the boats. Have a nice Sunday.
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your Mum!! I am glad that you had such a good time away. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow it looks like you had a fabulous week away and some really gorgeous pictures and memories. Well done for resisting, it is s hard but so worth it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete