Wednesday 31 December 2014

Year in Books



Hello......... Over the next few days I'm going to be doing some 2014 review posts. First up is The year in books, where I joined in with Laura over at Circle of Pines to read a book each month of the year. 

So there they all are above. I had planned on arranging them nicely on s shelf for a end of year photo shoot, but I'm still recovering from a busy Christmas, which has not been so kind to my ME/Lyme disease, so the mosaic will just to do.....




As for my December read,  'The Great Christmas knit off' by Alexandra Brown. I have to say I really enjoyed this light heart romp full of yarn and knitting, a perfect read for over Christmas,  jammed packed full of feel good factor.

Plus it has the bonus of a cute little knitting pattern at the back of the book, yes you can knit you're own Christmas Pudding. Such a sweet little additions, not sure if my knitting skills are up to it though, I might have a go at making one for next year, although the world of knitting is a bit of a mystery, to me, give me a crochet hook and I'm fine but add in two knitting sticks  I mean needles and things start to go wrong.

Wishing all a wonderful New Years Eve how ever you are celebrating.

See you next Year....

Clare xx

7 comments:

  1. I hope that your New Year will be wonderful! Best wishes for all good things in 2015 to you and yours! Loved your stars too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation Clare, I've downloaded it to my kindle for the princely sum of £1.49 :) Hope New Year brings you happiness, and better health :)
    Jillxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way I prefer the mosaic style than all books at once :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and yours - may 2015 bring you tons of awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas for books. I had not heard of the Great Christmas Knit Off, I think I will download it tonight. I need a light hearted read to start the New Year,

    Happy New Year Clare,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really taken with the idea of a book a month - what a marvellous idea! You have inspired me! Another reason to love blogland! Lil xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The December book especially sounds like fun, Clare. Thanks for the info. Happy New Year!!! xx

    ReplyDelete