Saturday 7 February 2015

28 Drawings later (week one)


Hello........ Over the past week I've undertaken the challenge of producing a drawing each day of February.  I thought it would be a good way to kick start doing some art.

I'm not that greatest at drawing, but it's something I enjoy doing. I have lots of supplies but somehow I never quite get around to getting started, so I thought this would be perfect.

The Group is running over on Facebook it's called 28 Drawings Later February Drawing Challenge it's a open group and anyone can join in. There are some amazing artist taking part.

So here's what I've come up with in the first seven days.


Day 1: I started off with this little landscape in coloured pencil.


Day 2: Is a colour pencil and ink drawing, as I'm drawing from bed the colour pencil option, seems the easiest, as my energy levels are so restricted my drawing are done quite quickly.


Day 3: I found my pastels and pastel paper in the Summerhouse and had a play, it's the first time I've tried pastels since school.


Day 4: It been a cold old week here at the Summerhouse with snow on and off and I'm longing for Springtime. Here's my Blossom tree, with felts pens and added glitter glue, sadly the camera couldn't pick up the glitter, but it's there.


Day 5: I couldn't resisting trying to capture the Paper whites, in water colour pencils and ink.


Day 6: (this one's is a bit of a cheat) I just wasn't well enough to manage anything today so this is a picture I drew last January.


Day 7: Back to the pastels again for this drawing of our local Pier at sunrise.  This one took me a while, doing a little bit then resting, I can't wait for this relapse to start to ease.

So that's week one, I best get my thinking cap on to come up with some ideas for the rest of the month.

Happy Crafting

Clare xx

8 comments:

  1. congrats on getting back to your art-so rewarding isn't it? Love your pieces so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. very impressive.I can't draw at all so am well impressed.Can't wait to see next week's.Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, you are really so talented, these are just lovely - well done you! Happy weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing your art each week 😊
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great project, you have done some beautiful art work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Day three is my favourite - so far that is!! I hope that you enjoy this and can manage to do a picture each day as it will be a lovely way to celebrate February and a nice thing to look back on too! xx

    ReplyDelete