Thursday 19 March 2015

Craft Club Exhibition 2015 (part one)


Hello........ I'm a member of a local craft club locally, which meets every couple of weeks, so it's good to go along to when I'm well enough. Each year we have a exhibition in the towns library, which is running at the moment. 

So about a year ago we picked the themes for this exhibition, which are 'The Owl and the Pussycat', Fantasia, Egypt and Masks'  What's good is that we are able to work at our own speed from home, which is great with my limited energy levels. 

 So today I thought I'd do a round up post of all my exhibition makes.

The Owl and the Pussycat:


For the owl and the Pussycat I made a couple of Bunny Mummy's cute little owls, 


you can find the pattern here


I also made this felt owl cushion,  you can read more about it 'here'

Egypt :



 As for Egypt well I procrastinated for a long while on this, I bought the beads back in the Summer but, kept putting off making the necklace as I'd never tried beading before and thought it was going to be really tricky.  That's one of the good things about having set themes you end up trying crafts that otherwise you might never have tried, you can read more about the making of the necklace here

Fantasia:



For Fantasia after watching the movie, amidst last summer's mandala madness I painted this Fantasia inspired Mandala with added glitter and beads.  You can read a bit more 'here'


Then I finished off a very old WIP to make my Waltz of the Flowers granny bunting.


I also made a Fantasia version of my seasonal wreaths which you can read about  here

 Masks:


Last but not least, came a spot of mask decorating, finished in the nick of time the morning of the exhibition, you can read about the making of the mask 'here' . For this theme we were each given a plain cardboard mask to decorate any way we wanted.

So that's a years worth of Craft Club makes, to tell you the truth it's a bit of a relief to have them all finished and be able to concentrated on some other makes for a while, I'll share some photo's from the exhibition another day, so this post doesn't end way up too long.

Happy Crafting

Clare xx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful makes and such a great idea for an exhibition. We don't have anything like that locally which is a pity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your makes Clare...and the exibition sounds like a brilliant idea.
    Thanks for linking....your owls turned out so cute.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your makes, it's lovely to have a local craft group and to be able to have an exhibition too, I hope it's well attended. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made really wonderful things Clare.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete