Sunday 5 July 2015

Summer Storms and Crochet


Hello........... This morning it started getting very dark here a the Summerhouse yes a storm was a coming.  Now I used to love a good thunderstorm until I got sick, but not any more


as now this happens, my blood pressure drops which means one very dizzy and ill feeling Clare, yes I'm a human barometer, for me it's seems to be a symptom of my POTS.(Postural Othostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)  At least we know what it is now for years it was known around these parts as 'Storms make Clare feel funny'  So it's good now we have a blood pressure monitor and can see what's happening.



So while this was happening outside, there was nothing else for it but to head off to bed for a while until the storm passed over.  While there I pondered how a rainy Summers day was perfect for a spot crochet, so when my blood pressure had stabilised a bit.


I set myself up on the Sofa, feet up and hook in hand I worked on a square for my icecream cushion.


Resting up as each Thunderstorm passed by, at least it gave me a bit of time to think.  Over the last few days I've been thinking a lot about making a Mandala for Wink, after hearing the sad new earlier in the week, I decided I wanted to celebrate her life and creativity my making one of her wonderful Mandala's.


Anyone who follows me on Facebook, will have seen I posted these mandala's earlier in the week linking up with the #mandalasforwink posts, my heart goes out to her family and friends at this sad time.  Such a talented lady, who brought so much creativity and colour to the world.


So I have a plan, I've decided I'm going to attempt to hook up one of Marinke's Mandala's this one to be precise. Drops Paris at the ready it was time to set too.


Working a round and resting, I'll share the mandala when it's done in a day or so.  So that sums up my Sunday a bit dizzy a bit yarny and very rainy, but at least the gardens had a good soaking.


and lookie the suns coming out again now.

Happy Crafting.

Clare xx

7 comments:

  1. Hope that your dizziness has passed by now. Your mandalas are beautiful - lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling a little better now the storm has passed. Such a tragic loss, the mandalas are a wonderful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry the thunderstorms make you feel poorly :( But nothing like a bit of crochet to help you relax after - although I read it as "set myself up on the sofa with crochet and ice-cream" lol - that sounds even better.
    Such terribly sad news about Wink, depression does not discriminate, it is a hateful thing. My heart goes out to her family.
    Stay well Clare,
    Jillxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better after all the stormy weather. The mandala is very beautiful, a perfect tribute to Wink x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better after all the stormy weather. The mandala is very beautiful, a perfect tribute to Wink x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better after all the stormy weather. The mandala is very beautiful, a perfect tribute to Wink x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful colours for the mandalas and a beautiful thing to do be doing in memory. I hope the stormy weather clears and stay away from you! I hope you are feeling better now. x

    ReplyDelete