Tuesday 22 December 2015

22nd december Winter Solstice, Spring magnolia


Hello.......... I'm so pleased we have made it to the shortest day and from now on things will only get lighter, so it seems perfect to celebrate todays solstice with a herald of the Spring to come.


This is another of Elizzza wonderful tutorials


I really enjoyed working with these pretty spring colours on such a gloomy winters day.


This is such a clever little pattern and I just couldn't resist using some twinkly yarn, for a hint of frost on the magnolia petals


It works up in four easy rounds.


Ta-Dah


I'm thinking of adding mine to my Springtime Wreath




Just before I go I thought I'd share with you my solstice candle I love this tradition


Of lighting a candle to burn throughout the shortest day, this year to match my magnolia flower I've used pink Roses with Winter Jasmine and Holly collected from the garden early this morning.

Ho ho ho
Clare xx

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful tradition and it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty little flower. I had not heard of burning a candle for solstice. I, too, am glad the days will begin getting longer now.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just loving your advent postings Clare and I have just discovered you on instances and love all your makes so inspiring ,looking forward to many more.x xpippa

    ReplyDelete