Tuesday 3 May 2016

April Catch Up




Hello.......... Long time no speakie, things have been running a bit slower here at the summerhouse, so I thought I'd do a bit of a catch post for April.


Earlier in the month there was some patchwork and I used my whizzy rotary cutter for the first time, 


a friend and I decided to have a attempt at some patchwork more of a quilting line than a circle seeing as it was just the two of us.


Things didn't exactly go to plan as you can see but I guess it's a start.


I've also been having a pretty bad time of it with my health and have been stuck in bed most of the time, just no energy, which is really rubbish, I'm just trying to take things as slow as possible and hope I improve soon.


There has of course been a bit of crochet, I'm working on my Springtime throw again, easy squares for my foggy brain, it's slow going though since Saturday I've manged to make only three as my pain levels are high and my energy so low.


So still a long way to go.........


I've been doing a little gentle colouring too, with water colour pencils,


Sadly I was feeling pretty rubbish for my birthday this year and probably should have cancelled, (judging by how ill I've been over the last week,) but I so wanted to go to a local ceramics cafe with some friends for a afternoon of crafty fun.

I'm glad I went, as you can probably guess mines the yarn bowl, I can wait to see how they turn out after they have been glazed and fired.

Sorry I've not be able to keep up with all you're blogs

Happy Crafting

Clare xxx

7 comments:

  1. Belated Birthday wishes. Love the yarn bowl, hope you feel a little better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Clare! I admire your crocheting and coloring and quilting, and your lovely yarn bowl. I have been mostly knitting on two garter stitch blankets, but I also recently posted photos of the coloring I have been doing with watercolors, watercolor pencils, felt tip pens, and woodless colored pencils. I am sorry you have been going through a particularly rough patch health wise, and I am wising you well. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday a little late Clare. Your crochet is looking beautiful. For someone who hasn't been well you've certainly accomplished many gorgeous projects. The quilt block is so pretty and I have a serious case of the "wants" of your yarn bowl and I haven't even seen it finished! I'm so sorry that your health hasn't been good. I can certainly sympathize with you. I hope all is better again very soon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Clare, Just a tip, it is a faff, but you need to iron your fabrics before you cut them for accuracy. I like the pinwheel effect though - you live and learn in crafting. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry that you haven't been feeling well. Even so, you are creating such beautiful things. The crochet squares are so pretty and springlike!
    And happy belated birthday! I am glad you went out and hung out with your friends. And your yarn bowl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed the month and were able - despite the consequences now - able to get out for your birthday with your friends. You all made some beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless your heart Clare, Wishing you a wonderful birthday and better health.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete