Thursday 1 December 2016

So it begins.........



Hello........... So we've made it round to December again and things are starting to get a little bit festive here at the Summerhouse.


 I am now the proud owner of a Christmas jumper


and the craft clubs handmade tree went up in the library this week.


As did the Gingerbread garland, so cute the kids and adults did a great job.


all things festive are starting to happen


Even the shrubs in the garden are joining in


This morning I opened the door on my tiny greetings card advent calender to discover a festive dinosaur !!! behind the first door.


The candle is ready to be lit tonight,


and the sweetie one is ready too, this year I'm the mistletoe's and 'P' is Stars, so I'll just have to wait until tomorrow, to see what's in the little fabric bag.

So far December is treating us kindly here at the Summer house, I know this can be a tough time of year for some and in the past we have had some sad Christmases here but hopefully this year we're going to be rediscovering our Christmas joy.

Ho ho ho
Clare xx



10 comments:

  1. It sure looks like your holiday season is off to a great start. May healthiness and happiness be with you throughout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful happiness in the Summerhouse. I love all of the homemade things. I have never had an advent calendar but I think it would be great fun to make one. Maybe next year.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful to feel your excitement, a great start to the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Evening Clare, I love the little gingerbread garland it is so sweet and I also love how Christmas jumpers have come back into fashion. Christmas would not be Christmas if my husband did not have a Christmas jumper.... his dad was exactly the same. On Christmas morning they would each proudly wear their jumpers.
    Enjoy the treats hidden away in your advent calendar.
    Best Wishes to you.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gingerbread folk! Too sweet - hah, sorry I didn't mean to make that a joke! Enjoy advent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want that gingerbread garland, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant photos and ideas, Clare! I hope your celebration is happy, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely advent calendar and very sweet gingerbread boys and girls xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I really need an advent calendar next year, maybe a yarny one!! I love your gingerbread men! C

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete